Spine doctors in Bradenton, Florida
At Blake Medical Center, you can receive top-notch care for your back and/or neck pain. Our spine specialists provide comprehensive care for all types of spine conditions. Additionally, with access to the latest technologies for providing relief from back and neck pain, our spine care team treats patients from Bradenton and its surrounding areas, including Sarasota and Anna Maria Island.
To learn more about spine services offered at Blake Medical Center, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 359-3552.
Common spine conditions we treat
At Blake Medical Center, complete orthopedic care expands into expert treatment for spine conditions. We commonly treat patients experiencing:
- Arthritis of the spine (spinal arthritis)
- Disc herniation
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
Treatment options for back and neck pain
Depending on the type of pain you are experiencing, treatment options can vary. Your spine specialist may opt for a non-surgical approach, such as pain management techniques or non-surgical therapies. If these methods prove unsuccessful, surgical treatments may be an option. Our surgeons perform the following spine surgeries:
- Discectomy—Surgical treatment for a herniated disc where the damaged portion of the disc is removed
- Lumbar fusion—Surgical joining of two or more vertebrae in the lower back to improve stability or correct an abnormality
- Cervical fusion—Surgical joining of two or more vertebrae in the neck to stabilize the spine
- Disc replacement—Replacement of the disc, or cushion, that exists between each vertebrae
- Kyphoplasty—Surgical treatment for fractures of the vertebrae.
- Laminectomy—Surgery that removes the back portion of a vertebra, called the lamina, which relieves pressure being put on the spinal canal
Expert spine care team
The spine team at Blake Medical Center is comprised of board-certified physicians and medical staff specializing in neurological surgery (neurosurgery), spine surgery and pain management. Your treatment team may include:
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- Highly trained nursing staff
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Pain management experts