Neurologists in Bradenton, Florida
The board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuro radiologists at Blake Medical Center provide high-quality care to patients . The specialists at our hospital are committed to providing comprehensive treatment, while also caring for patients and families through continued support and education. We treat neurological conditions affecting the brain, spine and nervous system.
To learn more about the neurological services offered at our hospital, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 359-3552.
Neurological conditions we treat
The neurologists at our hospital are expert physicians with extensive training in the care of neurological disease. Together, our physicians and staff are prepared to treat all kinds of brain, spine and nervous system disorders, including:
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Disc herniation
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal tumor
- Cerebrovascular accident (stroke)
Comprehensive stroke care
A cerebrovascular accident, or stroke, is a serious neurological condition in which a problem occurs with the blood supply in the brain. Blake Medical Center is proud to be the first and only certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Manatee County. Our hospital has the personnel, infrastructure, and expertise to diagnose and treat stroke patients who require intensive medical and surgical care, specialized tests, or interventional therapies. Our DNV GL Healthcare Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) certification verifies we deliver the highest quality of care to the most complex cases offering evidence-based treatments with cutting edge research protocols. The neurologists at our hospital work with the staff in the emergency room (ER) to provide emergency stroke treatment. Following this treatment, patients receive continued care at our hospital to ensure optimal recovery.
Advanced spine services
At our hospital, orthopedic and neurological care join together to offer comprehensive services for patients with back and neck pain or other spine conditions. We offer treatments ranging from medication management to advanced neurosurgery and minimally invasive spine surgeries.
Our state-of-the-art neurointerventional laboratory was opened in the fall of 2019 and features advanced imaging and technology. We use a biplane neuro X-ray system that offers excellent insight for challenging diagnostic examinations and neurovascular interventions. It features two large flat detectors with 2k imaging and advanced interventional tools to give us a clear view of vessel morphology.
Our procedures include acute stroke thrombectomy removal and diagnostic/therapeutic arteriograms and venograms with runoff.
Obtaining an accurate diagnosis is critical in establishing a treatment plan for patients with neurological disorders. We offer traditional imaging services, such as electroencephalogram (EEG) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). We also offer specialized imaging, including
- Cerebral angiogram—This is an X-ray of the head and neck that allows your doctor to view abnormalities or blockages in the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain.
- Computed tomography (CT) angiography—This test combines a CT scan with the injection of a contrast agent, which highlights the blood vessels and certain tissues in the body, revealing abnormalities.
- CT perfusion—This test shows the amount of blood being supplied to the brain and identifies if areas of the brain are receiving an adequate supply of blood flow.
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)—This test is a type of specialized MRI that looks specifically at the blood vessels in the body.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)—This test is a specialized type of echocardiogram that uses a probe to obtain images of the heart and blood vessels without the risk of the image being obstructed by the ribs or lungs.
Our patients also have access to telemedicine technology. Telemedicine allows a physician or specialist to provide a fast, expert diagnosis from a remote location.Regardless of the time of day, telemedicine ensures we have specialists who are readily available to assess your condition and order expedited treatment.
Neurosurgical treatment options
Neurological conditions involve complex, delicate parts of the body, such as the nerves. The neurosurgeons at our hospital are specially trained and equipped to work with these intricate systems, providing lifesaving, advanced surgical treatment options, including:
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) embolization—This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a catheter to deliver a glue-like substance that eliminates the blood flow supplying the AVM.
- Carotid artery stenting—This is a minimally invasive procedure used to open up a blocked or narrowed carotid artery through the placement of a stent to keep it open.
- Cerebral aneurysm coiling—This procedure involves the insertion of a catheter to the site of an aneurysm, where small wires are used to fill the aneurysm and cut off blood flow, therefore preventing a rupture.
- Onyx glue—This procedures inserts a liquid plastic polymer into an aneurysm to fill the space. It then hardens, cutting off blood flow to prevent rupture of the aneurysm.
- Spine surgery—These procedures include, discectomy, lumbar fusion, cervical fusion, disc replacement, kyphoplasty and laminectomy. Additionally, we offer several spine procedures using minimally invasive surgical techniques.
We are committed to being on the forefront of surgical advancement, so we can offer patients the best care available. This care includes cranial and spine surgery with the aid of computer-navigated and robot-assisted technology, which improves accuracy and patient outcomes.