Diagnostic imaging in Bradenton, Florida
Accurate medical imaging is a key component to proper diagnosis and treatment. At Blake Medical Center, our hospital is equipped with a full spectrum of diagnostic imaging technology and equipment, so you have access to all the advanced imaging that may be needed to diagnose your condition. Imaging services are provided on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
To schedule an outpatient imaging procedure, please call us at (866) 463-7004.
Imaging services offered at Blake Medical Center include:
- Angiography—This is a diagnostic procedure that uses X-ray imaging to produce images of the blood vessels. The blood vessels are made visible through the use of a contrast agent administered through a catheter.
- Bone density screening—Among other uses, this procedure is a key tool in diagnosing osteoporosis by determining the strength of a patient's bones through the levels of calcium in certain areas.
- Breast imaging—The most notable form of breast imaging is mammography and is used to screen for and detect breast cancer.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan—This exam is commonly used to examine the brain, chest, abdomen and pelvis and produces thin image "slices" of your body that are put together to form a highly detailed image.
- Fluoroscopy—This imaging exam is a type of moving X-ray that obtains real-time images of processes and structures in the body.
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)—This exam is an X-ray of the urinary system that is aided by a contrast agent administered intravenously in the arm.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)—This imaging exam uses high-powered magnet and radio waves to produce accurate, detailed images of structures in the body.
- Neurointerventional laboratory—Our dedicated neurointerventional lab is equipped with advanced technology for precise neurological diagnostic testing.
- Nuclear medicine—This imaging modality uses small amounts of a radioactive substance, called a radiotracer, to look at functions and structures within the body.
- Ultrasound—This form of imaging uses sound waves to produce images of internal structures and processes. Ultrasounds may also be used for imaging of the vascular system to visualize blood flow.
- X-ray—This is a common imaging procedure that uses high-energy, electromagnetic waves to produce pictures of bones, soft tissues and certain internal organs.
Blake Medical Center uses picture archiving communication system (PACS) technology, which allows doctors to view imaging results from remote locations and manipulate images for superior visualization.
Cardiac care is one area of medicine where specialized imaging is used. The heart is a complex muscle and precise, accurate imaging is crucial to diagnosis. We perform the following heart imaging exams:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Electrophysiology (EP) study
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
Breast screening and imaging
Attending annual mammograms is one of the most proactive steps in taking control of your breast health. Screening and early diagnosis are two of the most powerful contributors in the fight against breast cancer. Breast cancer is most treatable in its earliest stages, which is why early diagnosis through regular screenings is so important.
Our screening and diagnostic tools include digital 2D and 3D mammography, contrast-enhanced spectral mammography, 3D CAD, 3D stereotactic breast biopsy, and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. Additionally, if cancer is found, the surgeons at our hospital perform breast surgery to remove cancerous growths and offer reconstruction following surgery.