Breast care center in Bradenton, Florida
We encourage you to be your own breast health advocate by consulting your physician about the frequency and type of screening that is right for you. Whatever that turns out to be, the breast specialists at Blake Medical Center's Breast Care Center will be here to make sure you receive the breast screening and imaging services you need.
To schedule a mammogram or learn more about our breast health services, please call us at (866) 463-7004.
Breast care services
Monthly self-exams, clinical breast exams and annual mammograms are all key components to a woman's healthcare routine. The Breast Care Center is equipped with an expert staff—which includes board-certified radiologists—and advanced technology needed to provide the following screening and diagnostic services:
- Breast ultrasound
- Bone density tests (DEXA)
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- CAD (computer assisted diagnostic) enhancement
- Digital screening mammograms
- Digital diagnostic mammograms
- Minimally invasive stereotactic breast biopsy
- Minimally invasive ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Wire-free breast localization
Blake Medical Center is proud to offer patients access to digital screening and diagnostic mammograms, which have many benefits, including:
- Allowing your radiologists to review your images on a computer screen instead of waiting for film to develop
- Produces a high-quality image with the ability to be enhanced or manipulated for further evaluation
- Easier differentiation between cancer tissue and normal tissue
- Magnification capabilities to better visualize any calcification
- Imaging process performed with up to 60 percent less radiation exposure compared to film images
- Faster mammogram exam time
- Ability to permanently store images with the opportunity to print on a film or save on a disc
Some women, such as those with dense breast tissue or certain genetic risk factors, may require additional imaging, including breast ultrasound. A breast ultrasound procedure studies a specific area that has been identified on a mammogram or a lump that has been identified through a self-breast exam. This imaging exam can determine the difference between a cystic or solid mass in the breast.
Breast ultrasounds are used in combination with mammography. Ultrasounds can have a limited scope, therefore they are not a replacement for a mammogram.
Full-service patient support
The staff at the Breast Care Center makes it easy to receive comprehensive care all in one location. As part of our continuum of care here, you'll receive:
- Assistance acquiring previous mammogram records
- Convenient patient and physician access
- Breast health services care coordination
- Ongoing education and breast disease information
- Assistance identifying support resources
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Access to the patient care navigator
- Care from a multidisciplinary and collaborative team of physicians
- Complete cancer care
Coming to the Breast Care Center
Blake Medical Center's Breast Care Center is located on the first floor of the Medical Arts Building, which is adjacent to the hospital.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm Extended hours are available, please contact the Breast Care Center directly for more information at (941) 798-6527.