The ReChord Trial is an investigational treatment option for patients diagnosed with degenerative mitral valve regurgitation.
Mitral Valve Insufficiency
Randomized Trial of the NeoChord™ DS1000™ System Versus Open Surgical Repair (The ReChord Trial)
The ReChord Trial is a prospective, randomized, clinical trial to assess the safety and effectiveness of the NeoChord DS1000 System for the treatment of patients with moderate or severe degenerative mitral regurgitation.
The objective of the ReChord Trial is to assess the safety and effectiveness of the study device in subjects with degenerative mitral valve disease receiving a mitral valve repair without cardiopulmonary bypass (treatment group) when compared to subjects receiving mitral valve repair using standard surgical techniques with cardiopulmonary bypass (control group).
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Indication for isolated surgical mitral valve repair per ACC/AHA and ESC/ EACTS Guidelines
- Moderate or severe degenerative mitral valve regurgitation
- Segmental prolapse of the A2 or P2 segment
- Anterior leaflet covers at least 65% of anterior-posterior annular distance
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Prior mitral valve surgery
- Concomitant cardiac procedures
- Other cardiac procedures within 3 months
- Dr. Alessandro Golino
- Dr. Gino Sedillo
- Dr. Ashok Krishnamurthy
If you have any further questions, contact our Cardiovascular Clinical Research Coordinator, Arika Manapat, MS at
(941) 798-6509 or email.