April 08, 2021
Blake Medical Center Board of Trustees members, community leaders, and hospital caregivers gathered to break ground on an expansion and renovation project that will bring added capacity, helping the hospital stay ahead of the healthcare needs of our growing community and the Southwest Florida region.
The total construction project includes:
- Adding 12,800 square feet to the first-floor surgery area
- Building 4 new operating rooms and adding shell space for 2 future operating rooms (expanding operative suite capability to 18 and ultimately 20 ORs)
- Increasing surgical support space and upgrading existing surgical space
- Expanding the hospital's total Intensive Care Unit capacity to 47 beds, with a complete renovation of the 5th floor ICU creating 12 new ICU rooms
- Fully renovating kitchen and dining space
Pictured Left to Right: Jody McCoy, CPPI Contractors, Mitchell Rubinstein, Chief Medical Officer, John Vita, Board of Trustees member, Karen Holbrook, Board of Trustees member, Dr. Mark Kallins, Vice Chairman Board of Trustees, Judy Moon, Chairman Board of Trustees, Randy Currin, President and CEO, Lisa Nummi, Chief Operating Officer, Kimberly Hatchel, Chief Nursing Officer, Gene Brown, Mayor, City of Bradenton, Kevin Van Ostenbridge, Manatee County Commissioner, District 3
“We are very excited to be breaking ground on this project as it will provide us with expanded and improved space to continue to meet the healthcare needs of our growing community and the broader regions we serve, while also improving the patient experience,” says Randy Currin, President and CEO Blake Medical Center.
Blake Medical Center is the largest hospital and only trauma center in Manatee County. The hospital provides care for all levels of need, including diverse and highly specialized services and tertiary care unique to Manatee County and surrounding areas including one of only six burn and reconstructive centers in the State, and one of only three, 24/7, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy dive centers.
Total expansion and renovation project completion is estimated to be in the spring of 2022.