|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Family history
- Lipomatosis, a hereditary condition that results in lipomas all over the body
- Adiposis dolorosa, a rare condition that results in painful lipomas
- Surgical excision—lipomas are cut out
- Liposuction—removes excess fat from under the skin
American Society of Dermatology http://www.asd.org
American Academy of Family Physicians http://familydoctor.org
The Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons http://www.plasticsurgery.ca
Lipoma. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php . Updated September 28, 2011. Accessed June 4, 2013.
Lipomas. The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy website. Available at: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dermatologic%5Fdisorders/benign%5Fskin%5Ftumors/lipomas.html . Updated February 2012. Accessed June 4, 2013.
Lipoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons website. Available at: http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/liposuction.html . Accessed June 4, 2013.
Salam GA. Lipoma excision. Am Fam Physician . 2002;65:901-904.
- Reviewer: Brian Randall, MD
- Review Date: 06/2013 -
- Update Date: 05/11/2013 -