Symptoms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Persistent diarrhea, often with blood and/or mucous appearing in stools
- Abdominal cramps and pain
- Rectal bleeding
- Mouth sores as well as sores and abscesses in the anal area (with Crohn’s disease)
- Weight loss
- Skin rashes
- Eye pain or inflammation
- Kidney stones
- Other system-wide conditions
American Gastroenterological Association website. Available at: http://www.gastro.org. Accessed March 6, 2006.
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America website. Available at: http://www.ccfa.org. Accessed March 6, 2006.
National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse website. Available at: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov. Accessed March 6, 2006.
Primary Care Medicine. 4th ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2000.
Rakel RE, Bope ET. Conn's Current Therapy 2001. 53rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Company; 2001.
- Reviewer: Daus Mahnke, MD
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/17/2014 -