The Lung Care Center is dedicated to your lung health. If lung cancer is detected early, it can save your life. Since lung cancer may not show outward symptoms in the early stages, lung cancer screening is vital, especially if you are a current or former smoker.
Lung Cancer Screening
Consider a lung screening if the following statements describe you:
- You are between 55-77 years old
- You are a current or former smoker and have a history or 30 or more “pack years” (number of packs per day times number of years smoking) and if former smoker, have quit within the last 15 years
- You have never been diagnosed with lung cancer
- You have no prior history of cancer (other than non-melanoma skin cancer) within the past 5 years
For more information on your lung health options, please call (941) 567-2839.
Smoking Cessation Classes
If you are ready to quit tobacco, help is FREE. We are proud to partner with Tobacco Free Florida to offer a free smoking cessation program at Blake Medical Center.
- Free Nicotine Replacement, Patches, Gum and Lozenges offered when medically necessary.
- Covers all forms of tobacco.
- Meets in the Blake Medical Center Medical Arts Building
For more information or to reserve your spot, call (866) 534-7909. Reservations are required and nicotine replacement options are available while supplies last. This program is sponsored by the Gulfcoast South AHEC and the Florida Department of Health.
Advanced Technology for Early Detection
The Lung Care Center is proud to offer screenings using Veran SPiNDrive technology, which allows physicians to accurately access small lung lesions and assist physicians in detecting lung cancer earlier and without the need for multiple hospital visits for diagnostic procedures.