Our program combines advanced diagnosis and treatment with compassionate care for individuals fighting most types of cancer. Our program has been accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer since 1988.
Cancer Care Team
We believe in working together to care for our patients. The Cancer Care Team consists of:
- Medical Oncologists
- Physician Specialists: GI, Dermatologists, Urologists, Gynecologists, Pulmonologists
- Radiation Oncologists
Breast Cancer Center
We are proud to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and by the American College of Radiology for Mammography. Visit the Breast Care Center page to learn more about our breast services and amenities.
Lung Cancer Screening
From education and smoking cessation classes to advanced lung cancer screenings, our Lung Care Center is dedicated to your lung health. Visit the Lung Care Center page to learn more about our services.
Cancer Education, Screenings, and Support
- Caring Friends Support Group: For Cancer patients, their families, and friends in coping with cancer and its treatment. The group meets every Wednesday at Blake Medical Center in the Cancer Resource Room from 5:30-6:30 pm. For more information, please call (941) 798-6572.
- Breast Exercise Class for Cancer Patients: Exercise is an important component in the recovery process. Learn techniques to improve breast health, prevent and minimize risk of lymphedema, increase range of motion, increase strength, and improve overall wellbeing. Offered at Blake Medical Center in partnership The Center for Building Hope. For more information or questions call Marsha Shuford, OT/CLT/CHT at (941) 798-2141.
- Belly Dancing Class: Belly Dancing creates self-acceptance and celebrates the gift of life and movement. It is a wonderful way to make new friends, build confidence and relax. You can also build energy and have fun. Belly dancing is held in the Blake Medical Center Medical Arts Building at 2010 59th Street West, Suite 3400. Registration is encouraged, call (941) 798-6500.
- Yoga Class: This class is specially designed for cancer patients and survivors. It provides enhanced health benefits by enabling you to develop your flexibility, strength and balance. Yoga is held in the Blake Medical Center Medical Arts Building at 2010 59th Street West, Suite 3400. Registration is encouraged, call (941) 798-6500.
- For additional screenings and events, such as Belly Dancing and Yoga for cancer patients, or our monthly Lunch & Learn series with medical guest speakers, please visit our cancer resources calendar.
Genetic Counseling and Testing
We offer genetic counseling and testing services in partnership with Informed DNA and Myriad.