Diagnostic Breast Procedures
There are many benefits of digital mammography:
- Digital mammography allows the radiologist to review your test on a computer screen
- High image quality with the ability to enhance and manipulate the image for further evaluation.
- High quality image makes it easier to differentiate cancer tissue from normal tissue
- The images can be magnified to better visualize calcifications
- Digital images are obtained with up to 60% less radiation exposure to the woman than film images.
- Digital mammography is faster so the mammogram exam is shorter.
- Digital images can be stored permanently, with the ability to print on film or disc.
This diagnostic procedure studies a specific area found on the mammogram or on a lump discovered by the woman. This exam can determine the difference between a cystic or solid mass. Breast ultrasounds are used in conjunction with a mammogram. Due to their limited scope, they cannot be used as a replacement for a mammogram.
To schedule an imaging procedure, please call 1-866-463-7004.