These washing and conditioning tips may help
(HealthDay News) -- If it's healthier hair you seek, the American Academy of Dermatology offers these suggestions:
- If your hair is oily or has dandruff flakes, wash it daily.
- Treated hair should be washed less frequently. So should the hair of an elderly person, whose scalp produces less oil.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your type of hair.
- Shampoo primarily the scalp instead of the length of the hair. The latter can make hair dull and coarse.
- Condition hair after each shampoo, concentrating conditioner at the ends of the hair.
- If you swim frequently, protect hair with a snug-fitting swim cap, and use shampoo for swimmers.