This is a delicious dish that could be served with a mixed vegetable salad or steamed broccoli and french bread.
Serving Size 1 slice lasagna (1 cup)
Total Fat 15 g
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Protein 16 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Medium onion, sliced 1
Garlic clove, minced 1
Large tomato, slice very thin 1
Canned, crushed tomatoes 1 cup
Dried basil 1½ teaspoons
Dried oregano 1½ teaspoons
Salt (optional) ¼ teaspoon
Medium eggplant, sliced very thin 1
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 8 ounces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomato, basil, oregano, and salt, and cook gently over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of this mixture over the onion layer.
- Add a layer of eggplant and follow with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Repeat layers of eggplant, tomato, and cheese until you use all ingredients. Finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes, or until layer of cheese is light brown.