Blake Medical Center’s Cancer Program Awarded Three Year Accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers administered by the American College of Surgeons.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
July 02, 2012
Bradenton, FL – Blake Medical Center has been granted a three-year accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC was given to Blake Medical Center for their commitment to provide the highest level of quality breast care and passing the rigorous evaluation process. Blake Medical Center’s Cancer Team is very proud of this accreditation having complied with the standards established by the NAPBC for treating women who are diagnosed with the full spectrum of breast disease. Blake has shown proficiency in the areas of: center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement. The Cancer Program at Blake has demonstrated a firm commitment to offer its patients every significant advantage in their battle against breast disease.
“Receiving Breast Accreditation confirms all the excellent work that has been done by our Breast Center Team over the past year. It substantiates that we have evolved into one of the best breast programs in this area,” said Paige Pennebacker, M.D., Blake Medical Center.
Receiving care at Blake Medical Center’s NAPBC-accredited Cancer Center ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services.
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Emergency care close to home, if needed.
- A patient navigator to help guide them through the process.
- Local support groups and classes.
- Quality breast care close to home.